Gluten-free Restaurants on Lake Como
The 2022, here on the blog, starts immediately with a list, one that I hope will be useful in some way: gluten-free restaurants and pizzerias!
To be more precise, given the delicacy of the subject, a list of restaurants or places on Lake Como that provide gluten-free options on the menu.
Most of the restaurants on this list were discovered and suggested by a couple of readers of my blog who suffer from celiac disease. The rest of the list were recommended by other readers of the blog, whom I have involved in this “treasure hunt”. Finally, a couple of them are the result of a little research I did myself.
I would like to add that the list only includes restaurants that have specific menus for coeliacs. In other words, my list does not include restaurants which, as a “gluten-free options”, mean salads or a second course.
Finally, I have indicated the restaurants that are officially members of the AIC (Italian Coeliac Association).
Gluten-free restaurants and pizzerias on the lake
But let’s get down to business!
- Salice Blu – Bellagio, Via per Lecco, 33 – [Member of AIC, Italian Celiac Association]
- La Fontana – Bellagio, Via Centrale, Salita Monastero
- Ristorante In Teatro – Como, Piazza Giuseppe Verdi, 11 – [Informed AIC, gluten-free menu, bread, pasta, pizza + special oven]
- Mystic Burger – Como, Via Armando Diaz, 78 – [beers, bread and burgers + knowledgeable staff staff]
- Fontana d’Oro – Como, Lungo Lario Trieste, 52 – [bread and pasta + knowledgeable staff]
- Lumin – Cremia, Via San Vito, 10 – [pizza]
- Ristorante Albergo Lenno – Lenno, Via C. Lomazzi 23 – [gluten-free pasta and bread + dessert]
- Agriturismo Fiorida – Mantello, Via Lungo Adda, 12 – [pizzoccheri, tagliatelle with tomato sauce, lasagnetta]
- Il Ristorante di Paolo – Menaggio, Largo Cavour, 5
- Campeggio Darna – Porlezza, Via Osteno, 50 – [pizza, mixed fried fish]
- Il Pinguino – Porlezza, Via Osteno, 30 – [pizza]
- Beccaccino – Sorico, Via Boschetto, 49
- Pizzeria Spluga – Sorico, Via Vittorio Emanuele, 11 – [pizza + specific gluten-free dessert]
This list should help you make your choice.
However, once you have found the restaurant that best suits your needs, I recommend that you contact them directly for further details on the menu, etc. I am of course available to update this list at any time with details, feedback and, why not, with new addresses.
See you 🙂
Read also: 12 Restaurants with Lake View